BIM Project Execution Planning Guide 2019
A Plan for the Future
Our goal is to significant update the BIM Project Execution Planning Guide to develop:
- • Clear approach and examples of setting goals;
- • Improved definitions and classifications of current and future BIM Uses;
- • Simplified process mapping approach;
- • Integration of Level of Development specification into the core process;
- • Improved BIM Planning Templates leveraging the years of experience from implementers, along with integrating common elements from others standards such as a Common Data Environment elements from the UK Standards; and
- • Developed linked online resources to make it easier for teams to develop a plan.
We plan to perform the project in collaboration with the buildingSMART alliance (bSa), a council of the National Institute for Building Sciences. A working group within bSa will be created to be the role of the industry advisory board. If you are interested in participating in the project, please contact the Chair of the BIM Planning Working Group for bSa.
If you would like to contribute support to this project, please send an email to John Messner. We will use all funds to advance BIM planning research and implementation resources, and recognize the sponsors in our upcoming resources. To see a list of sponsors, please visit our Contributors page.