Construction System Design
Using 3D System Design Software to design and analyze the construction of a complex building system (e.g., form work, glazing, support of excavation, etc.) to increase planning.
- • Increase constructability of a complex building system
- • Increase construction productivity
- • Increase safety awareness of a complex building system
- • Decrease language barriers
- • 3D System design software
Team Competencies Required
- • Ability to manipulate, navigate, and review 3D model
- • Ability to make appropriate construction decisions using a 3D System Design Software
- • Knowledge of typical and appropriate construction practices for each component
References for Additional Information
- • Leventhal, L. “Delivering Instruction for Inherently-3D Construction Tasks: Lessons and Questions for Universal Accessibility”. Workshop on Universal Accessibility of Ubiquitous Computing: Providing for the elderly.
- • Khemlano (2007). AECbytes: Building the Future (Oct. 18).
Sample Process Map(s)
[Link to Template Process Map - Under Development]
Potential Output Information
Detailed 3D model of construction system
Drawings for component fabrication
Model to support digital fabrication of elements
Source: BIM Project Execution Planning Guide, Ver. 2.2 with minor revisions.